Quicktime 7.2 update breaks Office 2004 on Intel Powerbook
For solution, see below
If you haven't yet installed QT7.2, my advice is to wait!
Here's what happened to me:
- Office Update 11.3.6 refuses to launch.
- MS Word refuses to launch!
- MS Powerpoint refuses to launch.
- MS Excel refuses to launch.
- decide to remove Office, and reinstall!
- MS Office refuses to install—the installer won't run.
- Remove all traces of Office in preferences etc.!
- MS office installer won't run.
macfixit has some suggestions these didn't work for me.
It seems that the prebinding of the java libraries is at fault!
Steps to Fix:
Remove Java 6
> su Administrator > cd /Library/Receipts/JavaSE6Release1.pkg/Contents > lsbom -s -f Archive.bom > /tmp/file-listEdit
/tmp/file-listto replace all " " with "\ " and all "./" with "rm /" (I use emacs for this.)
> sudo bash /tmp/file-list > rm -r /Library/receipts/JavaSE6Release1.pkg > sudo update_prebinding
I removed the following
sudo rm -r /Library/Receipts/JavaForMacOSX10.4Release5.pkgand installed it again. (From